This is a compilation of high yield topics on neuroanatomy with visual mnemonics and illustrations targeted for undergraduate medical students who find difficulty in conceptualizing the nervous system.
Author: Dr. Sulabh Kumar Shrestha
- Covers clinically and academically important topics
- Schematic diagrams
- Visual mnemonics
- Useful for medical students, PG and USMLE aspirants
- How to draw mid-brain cross-section?
- How to draw pons cross-section?
- How to draw medulla cross-section?
- Spinal cord cross-section and tracts simplified
- Vertebro-basilar arterial systems and syndromes
- Circle of willis – mnemonics and drawing
- Circle of willis and blood supply of forebrain
- Dural reflections and venous sinuses
- Microanatomy of cerebral cortex
- Brodmann areas and lesions
- Thalamic connections
- Nuclei of hypothalamus
- Internal capsule
- Simplified basal ganglia
- CSF circulation
- Trigeminal nerve
- Facial nerve
- Auditory pathway and Vestibular pathway
- 10 retinal layers
- Visual pathway
- Horizontal conjugate gaze pathway
- Limbic system
- Brown-sequard syndrome – Anatomical basis
- Lateral medullary syndrome (Wallenberg syndrome) – Anatomical basis
- Medial medullary syndrome (Djerine syndrome) – Anatomical basis
- Brachial plexus
- Lumbar plexus