This was done as a final presentation for the webinar course – “Social media and United Nations”. I have tried to create this infographic using microsoft powerpoint, free images and icons.
Platform: Microsoft powerpoint
Slide size: 30 inch X 10 inch
Type of infographic: Statistical + Informational
Title: Mental Health Issues in UN Peacekeeping
- Who: About peacekeepers
- Why: Stressors in peacekeeping operations
- Stress response and signs of stress
- Consequences and statistics
- How to manage: General management of stress
Free images and icons from:
- United Nations Peacekeeping. (2018). DATA. [online] Available at: https://peacekeeping.un.org/en/data [Accessed 3 Dec. 2018].
- Shigemura J, Nomura S. Mental health issues of peacekeeping workers. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2002 Oct;56(5):483-91. Review. PubMed PMID: 12193236.
- Medical Support Manual for United Nations Field Missions. 3rd ed. United Nations; 2015.
- Forbes D, O’Donnell M, Brand RM, Korn S, Creamer M, McFarlane AC, Sim MR, Forbes AB, Hawthorne G. The long-term mental health impact of peacekeeping: prevalence and predictors of psychiatric disorder. BJPsych Open. 2016 Jan 20;2(1):32-37. eCollection 2016 Jan.
- Understanding and managing your stress [Internet]. HR Portal. [cited 8 December 2018]. Available from: https://hr.un.org/page/understanding-and-managing-your-stress
He is the section editor of Orthopedics in Epomedicine. He searches for and share simpler ways to make complicated medical topics simple. He also loves writing poetry, listening and playing music.