This was done as a final presentation for the webinar course – “Social media and United Nations”. I have tried to create this infographic using microsoft powerpoint, free images and icons.
Platform: Microsoft powerpoint
Slide size: 30 inch X 10 inch
Type of infographic: Statistical + Informational
Title: Mental Health Issues in UN Peacekeeping
- Who: About peacekeepers
- Why: Stressors in peacekeeping operations
- Stress response and signs of stress
- Consequences and statistics
- How to manage: General management of stress
Free images and icons from:
- United Nations Peacekeeping. (2018). DATA. [online] Available at: https://peacekeeping.un.org/en/data [Accessed 3 Dec. 2018].
- Shigemura J, Nomura S. Mental health issues of peacekeeping workers. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2002 Oct;56(5):483-91. Review. PubMed PMID: 12193236.
- Medical Support Manual for United Nations Field Missions. 3rd ed. United Nations; 2015.
- Forbes D, O’Donnell M, Brand RM, Korn S, Creamer M, McFarlane AC, Sim MR, Forbes AB, Hawthorne G. The long-term mental health impact of peacekeeping: prevalence and predictors of psychiatric disorder. BJPsych Open. 2016 Jan 20;2(1):32-37. eCollection 2016 Jan.
- Understanding and managing your stress [Internet]. HR Portal. [cited 8 December 2018]. Available from: https://hr.un.org/page/understanding-and-managing-your-stress
is currently working as a medical officer at a Government Hospital in Nepal. He searches for and share simpler ways to make complicated medical topics simple. He also loves writing poetry, listening and playing music and travelling.