Table of Contents
Residency in any subject in medical field is not a piece of cake. There is no limit of knowledge you need to acquire and the tougher thing is you need to acquire knowledge and skills side by side. A mastery in only one field can leave you deficient.
As a resident in Pediatrics, called MD Pediatrics, MD in child and adolescent health according to various Institutions, you need a list of books to go through.
- Nelson Text Book Of Pediatrics is by far the bible of a pediatrician. It is the least you need to read thoroughly before you clear you finals.
- Essential Pediatrics by OP Ghai is an add on the above book. Its worth going through. Some topics like malnutrition and the chapter for CVS are well discussed here.
- Current Pediatric Diagnosis and Treatment
- Harrient and Lane Hand book- from John Hopkins Hospital
- Oxford Handbook of Pediatrics
- Washington Manual
Practical or Bedside Books
- Meherban Singh
- Piyush Gupta
- Avery’s Disease of the Newborn
- Cloherty- Manual of Neonatal care
- Meherban singh
Infectious Disease and Immunization
- Red Book – 27th edition of the American Academy of Pediatrics Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases
- Pediatric Cardiology for Practitioners – M . K. Park
- Pediatric Nephrology – RN Shrivasta and Arvind Bagga
- Nathan and Oski’s Hematology of Infancy and Childhood
- Princples and Practice of Pediatric Oncology – Pizzo and Poplack
- Child Neurology – Menke and Sarnat
- Clinical Pediatric Neurology – Ronald and David
- Development – Ellingworth
- Pediatric Endocrinology – Sterling
- Brooke’s Clinical Pediatric Endocrinology
- Smith’s Recognizable patterns of Human Malformations
You can recommend books missing in the list in the comment section.
He is the section editor of Pediatrics in Epomedicine. He often writes his views online as well as share few important topics for medical students, doctors and specially parents. He does research in Pediatrics.